Mediterranean Salmon Couscous Salad

 Mediterranean Salmon Couscous Salad

✩✩✩✩✩


    For anyone who has seen my #BasicWhiteGirlTakingPicturesOfHerFood on social media, you know I LOVE a good, healthy recipe that is not only easy to prep/make, but worth sharing and repeating. 

    I lost all my quarantine weight  am still working on losing my Quarantine 19, so I have made it a habit to meal prep every Sunday and focus on nutritious, healthy meals that are not only filling, but curve my unhealthy cravings.  Who doesn't love a mouth watering meal that doesn't make you feel guilty afterwards?!

    Anyway, before I get all Kourtney Kardashian on you with how important it is to eat sugar free, gluten free, carb free, dairy free, taste free   healthy meals you ENJOY while not spending all your time in the kitchen making them, let me go ahead and share the recipe.  That's why you're here, right?

    FYI, keep in mind, nothing I post are exact measurements, they're all approximate.  You can always add and take out what you like/don't like to make it something you enjoy and has you coming back for more! 

Servings: 1 

Approximate Calories: ~476

Ingredients:

  • Couscous (Fun fact, a cup of couscous is about 210 calories while a cup of rice is about 680 calories.  It's a tasty, easy switch to cut over 400 calories in one meal!)
  • Sliced and quartered cucumbers
  • Quarter Roma tomato 
  • Sliced black olives 
  • 1/4 cup of goat cheese (I know, I know, Feta cheese is way more likely to be in a Mediterranean mix, but I'm obsessed with goat cheese and it has significantly less calories.  Plus--it was delicious.  Sue me.  Switch for Feta if you prefer! 😝)
  • 2 TBS tzatziki sauce
  • 2 ounces of Mediterranean Herb Salmon (You can season yourself to your liking, but I cheat and buy Aldi's Mediterranean Herb Atlantic Salmon.  Follow cooking directions on package.  You can also switch out with chicken!)
  Other Optional Ingredients:

I didn't use these in mine, but I know these are probably pretty popular when considering a Mediterranean dish.  Remember, make it your own! 

  • Chopped red onion
  • Cilantro for garnish
  • Lemon wedge
  • Chickpeas 
  • Grape tomatos
  • Bell peppers
  • Hummus

Directions: 

There couldn't be easier instructions after gathering all your ingredients!  All you have to do is mix together, sit, and eat to your hearts content! ❤  

Enjoy! ❤

Comments

Popular Posts