Creamy and Fiery Crockpot White Chicken Chili

 ☆☆☆☆☆

Creamy and Fiery Crockpot White Chicken Chili


    Alright y'all, I promise I won't give you my whole life story about how I grew the corn on some small farm in the middle of nowhere Virginia and brought it to Tennessee and made this life changing, glorious chili.  But for real, this recipe is 💥 BOMB 💥.  

    I love good, tasty, and healthy eats and even better--convenient and easy meals to make.  So, here y'all go!  This is my take on a creamy, fiery white chicken chili that is super easy to make.  It has a comforting taste with plenty of spice (some local to Nashville!) and a true winning recipe to repeat. 💋

Servings: ~10 

Ingredients:

    • 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (I prefer organic and hormone free) 
    • 3 cloves minced garlic
    • 32 oz. low sodium chicken broth
    • 2 15oz cans of Great Northern Beans (drained)
    • 2 4oz cans diced green chiles (you can choose mild - hot depending on how you like your chili! Personally, I like mine hot! 🌶)
    • 1 15 oz can whole kernel sweet corn (the sweetness of the corn offsets and compliments the spiciness perfectly!)
    • Small handful of fresh, chopped cilantro
    • 1 Tbs cornstarch (to thicken chili)
    • 4 0z reduced fat cream cheese
    • 1 cup heavy whipping cream
    • 1/4 cup sour cream
Spices: (honestly y'all, I'm from the south so really we measure with our hearts ❤, but the goal is to give the chili a recognizable flavor.  You really can't go wrong when it comes to putting spices into a crockpot because the spices soak into the chicken for the hours its heating up.  With that said, here are my *suggested* measurements!)
This is a local Nashville pepper blend that I'm obsessed with!  I bought it at the Farmer's Market downtown and will definitely buy more when I run out.  You can purchase a Habanero blend for a more intense heat, but I chose the Original blend for a sweet, smokey heat! 

Toppings: (The world is your oyster, but these are my favorites!)
    • Sliced jalapeños 
    • Sliced avocados 🥑 (my personal favorite!)
    • Literally, ALL the sour cream you can handle (It's a serious obsession of mine)
    • Shredded cheese of choice (Michael's personal favorite.  I literally have never seen another person eat as much cheese as he does 🧀 ❤)
    • Fritos or tortilla strips 
    • Chopped fresh cilantro
    • Diced onions
Instructions:
  1. Place chicken breasts in the crockpot first.  Top with spices.  Remember, you can't go wrong with the amount of spices you use! Measure with your heart and all will be well! 
  2. Top chicken and spices with minced garlic, Great Northern beans, sweet corn, green chiles, chicken broth and chopped cilantro.  Stir until spices and other ingredients are mixed together.
  3. Cover and cook on either LOW for 8 hours, or on HIGH for 3-4 hours. 
  4. Remove chicken and shred in mixer, or pull apart with two forks.  The chicken will be tender so this won't take long or a lot of effort.  Return chicken to the crockpot.  
  5. Add cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, sour cream, and cornstarch.  Stir so all ingredients are mixed together, cover, and cook on HIGH for 15-20 minutes until you have reached the creamy, fiery thickness you crave!  
  6. Finally, stir one final time and serve with your desired toppings.  
Enjoy! ❤    





Comments

Popular Posts